Thursday, June 3, 2010

THE POSSIBILITY OF UNPERCEIVED EXISTENCE


I'm concerned about the world we live in. We are all devastated with the news of the oil spill in the gulf, one of the biggest environmental disasters of our generation, but yet we are all to blame aren't we? We all drive cars, we create the demand for companies to find and process oil. I thought of myself as somewhat of a greenie. I don't eat meat, I rescue and rehabilitate native animals, I spend most of my spare time helping raise funds for animal and children charities around the world. But yet I've realised I support the meat industry with the shoes and bags I wear. The rescue work requires me to drive a car, to a scene where an animal has most likely been hit by a car, of which this car uses petrol that has directly come from oil companies that have caused America's worst environmental disaster. Am I really making a difference or am I balancing out the scales? Good vs bad vs good? I want to know more, I wish everyone would want to know more about what they eat, what they wear, how things come to be as they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment